If your laptop’s wireless network adapter is not working, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot and fix the problem:
- Restart your laptop: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve the issue.
- Check the wireless adapter settings: Make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled and that the wireless switch (if your laptop has one) is turned on.
- Update the wireless adapter driver: Make sure you have the latest driver for your wireless adapter. You can update the driver through the Device Manager on your computer.
- Run the built-in troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter that can help detect and fix network problems. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, then select “Internet connections” and run the troubleshooter.
- Uninstall and reinstall the wireless adapter driver: Uninstalling the wireless adapter driver and then reinstalling it can help resolve any issues with the driver.
- Check the Device Manager: In the Device Manager, check to see if the wireless adapter is showing any error messages. If it is, then the problem may be with the adapter itself.
- Run the command prompt: Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard. Type “cmd” and press Enter. Type “ipconfig /release” then press Enter. Type “ipconfig /renew” then press Enter.
- Check for hardware failure: If the above steps do not work, the issue may be with the hardware of your laptop, and you should consider contacting the manufacturer for support.
If none of these steps work, it’s best to contact the manufacturer of your laptop for further support.
Learn More About Top-rated Adapters.
Why is Laptop not detecting wireless network?
There can be several reasons why a laptop is not detecting wireless networks. Some common reasons include:
- The wireless adapter is not enabled: Make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled and that the wireless switch (if your laptop has one) is turned on.
- Outdated or incorrect driver: Make sure you have the latest driver for your wireless adapter and that it is compatible with your operating system.
- Interference from other devices: Other devices in your home (such as microwaves or cordless phones) can cause interference with your wireless connection. Try moving your laptop and router to a different location to see if that improves the connection.
- The wireless network is out of range: Make sure that your laptop is within range of the wireless network you are trying to connect to.
- Wireless adapter is disabled: Sometimes, the wireless adapter is disabled in BIOS/UEFI setup. Restart your laptop and press the key to enter the BIOS/UEFI setup (usually F2, F12 or Del) and check that the wireless adapter is enabled.
- Wireless adapter is malfunctioning: Sometimes, the wireless adapter may malfunction, either due to a software or hardware problem, leading to the laptop not detecting any wireless networks.
- Firewall settings: Sometimes firewall settings can block the detection of wireless networks. Make sure that the firewall is not blocking the wireless network.
- Incorrect network configuration: Sometimes, the network configuration may be incorrect, leading to the laptop not detecting any wireless networks. Make sure that the wireless network is set up correctly.
Try one or more of the above steps to troubleshoot the issue and if the problem persists, you should consider contacting the manufacturer of your laptop for further support.
People Are Also Reading:
👉 Top Reviews
- [Top Rated] Best Wifi Extender For Cox – Review In 2023
- [Top-rated] Best pocket wifi router
- [Top Rated] Best Wifi Extender For Ring Camera – Review In 2023
- [Top-Rated] Best Bluetooth Ski Helmet Speakers
- [Top Rated] Best Wifi Extender For Spectrum – Review In 2023
👉 Top Tech News
- Can keyboard keys be repaired
- Can i watch cbs without a tv provider
- How wireless headphones work
- When keyboard and mouse is not working
- Why laptop can’t connect to network
👉 Top WiFi Routers
- TRENDnet TUC-ETG Network Adapter Top Features
- Why Does Xfinity WiFi Keep Dropping? 8 Solutions
- [Top-Rated] Best Modem For Google Wifi – Reviews In 2023
- How to Create a Guest WiFi Network Spectrum
- Best Cheapest aimesh Router 2022