NETGEAR Wireless Extenders get used in a variety of settings and network types.
In general, a wireless extender is beneficial for expanding the range of the primary wireless router in the home and gets frequently used in bigger homes or locations with limited coverage.
Depending on the type and characteristics, a NETGEAR Wireless Extender is appropriate in a variety of other situations, like for sought in remote areas of a home, such as a loft or maybe a basement. Maybe if you want your Wi-Fi to reach outside of your house.
A Netgear Extender is a fantastic option in any of the circumstances.
How to set up a Netgear nighthawk extender?
Now, we will tell you 20 steps you can take to fully set up your extender.
First of all, the Netgear Extender comes with an excellent diagram where you might want to locate your Wi-Fi range extender within your house or building. Keep that in mind!
1. Locate an open AC wall outlet within the same room where your router gets located, and once you plug it in, the power light will go from ampere to a solid green within about 90 seconds.
2. Once that takes place, you can go ahead and press the WPS button on the side of the extender.
3. After the WPS LED starts to blink, you want to press the WPS button on your router, and at this point, the WPS LED on the extender lights solid green.
4. The router links LED lights, and the extender connects to your existing Wi-Fi.
5. Now, open the Nighthawk app on your mobile device.
If your router gets no support from the Nighthawk app, click on try a new system setup and select range extender from the list.
If the router gets supported by the Nighthawk app, click the home icon at the top left of the dashboard, click on the new setup option, and select range extender.
6. Once your extender gets powered on, the nighthawk app will ask you to join your Wi-Fi network Netgear.
7. Select join from the nighthawk app.
If you selected joint and the nighthawk app still has not connected to the extender after a few seconds, then manually select the extender Wi-Fi network in your mobile devices.
8. Wait while the Nighthawk app is connecting to your extender.
9. Once the Nighthawk app finds your extender, select next to begin the setup process for your extender.
10. The app will show you a list of all the Wi-Fi networks that your extender device can extend.
11. Select your home Wi-Fi router network that you want to extend.
If your router has multiple Wi-Fi bans, select the bands you want to extend or select skip if you do not want to extend those specific Wi-Fi bans.
If you do not find your current Wi-Fi network, please move the extender closer to your router and try again.
12. Once you have selected the Wi-Fi bands, you want to extend. You will get asked to enter the password for the Wi-Fi networks.
If you use the same password for 2.4 G and 5G Wi-Fi networks on your router, then check the box next to use the same password.
13. Once you input your password information, select next.
14. Wait while the app verifies and configures your network.
15. When the app prompts that Nighthawk wants to join your Wi-Fi network, select join to connect.
16. Once connected to your Wi-Fi network, set up and verify your admin login for your extender device.
If your router gets supported by the nighthawk app, the prefilled username and password should match what you currently have set for your router admin credentials.
You can change your admin credentials or keep them identical to your router credentials.
17. Once complete, select and enter your security questions for your extenders for admin and password recovery.
18. After that, your extender will automatically check for the latest firmware before completing the final setup.
19. The setup of your extender is now complete.
20. Place your extender halfway between your router and an area with a poor Wi-Fi signal.
Hopefully, this setup helped you find out everything you needed.
People Are Also Reading:
👉 Top Reviews
- [Top Rated] Best Wifi Extender For Cox – Review In 2023
- [Top-Rated] Best Bluetooth Speaker For Projector
- [Top rated] Best wifi extender for cox panoramic – review in 2023
- [Top-Rated] Best Motorcycle Earbuds Noise Cancelling Bluetooth
- [Top Rated] Best Wifi Extender For Spectrum – Review In 2023
👉 Top Tech News
- Why will laptop not connect to wifi
- When wireless communication invented
- How much mobile internet do i need
- How to network laptop and desktop
- Can bluetooth headphones connect to tv
👉 Top WiFi Routers
- TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7) Top Features
- How to Connect Nest Camera to WiFi / Set Up Nest Camera
- [Top-Rated] Best Modem Router Combo For Gaming – Reviews In 2023
- Pick The Best Mesh Wifi for AT&T Fiber or Uverse
- How To Get WiFi from 300 Feet Away?