If your U-verse TV keeps freezing and pausing and you are wondering how to fix it, this blog post will provide you with the help that you need.
The Att U-verse service comes with a set-top box that not only gives TV control, it also provides access points to the Internet. Via the U-verse TV service, users can access on-demand titles and high-definition programming.
One thing is certain, the weather does not adversely affect U-Verse. So, let’s get kick that out of our list. ATT customer support might help but it might take you up to 3 working days or more to get the help that you earnestly desire.
Before you go through the long-wait route, why not try to see if you can fix Att U-Verse issues with our troubleshooting tricks?
Why does my TV keep freezing?
A weak wireless signal might be the cause. Sometimes, you can resolve these wireless issues by switching off your device and turning it back on after a few minutes. However, at other times, restarting your device might not work.
Internet connection errors, which you can rectify by adjusting your device configuration, might also cause U-Verse freezing issues.
Finally, it could be an issue with your internet service provider itself. If ATT internet keeps cutting out, it might cause your U-Verse TV to freeze. It could also be an issue of weak internet connection which may cause AT&T TV to freeze or lag. If this is the case, then there is nothing you can do apart from contacting your internet service provider support team for professional help.
How to Fix Att U-Verse TV Freezing Issues
Since we are not sure of where exactly the problem is coming from, you can try out some troubleshooting methods to see if it resolves the U-Verse freezing issues.
If you face your Att U-Verse box not working, try to switch off the set-top box, wait for a few minutes and switch it on again. We will tell you what this does, and that is reset slight settings that may cause freezing issues.
Inspect the connections behind your TV and the U-Verse receiver to ensure that are no detached connections. The freezing of your U-Verse TV may result from loose connections. Hence, observe the audiovisual connection between the receiver and the TV. Also, check the coaxial connection to the TV IN jack on the rear of the receiver.
If your U-verse TV is still freezing, reset the set-top box to its default operating condition by following the simple steps below:
- Unplug the power cable behind the set-top box and leave it that way for a few seconds.
- Connect it again to the power jack behind the receiver. This should resolve issues with the operation.
If the freezing issue persists, you can try connecting your TV and Wireless Access Point. Below is how to go about it:
- Locate the WPS button at the front of the Wireless Access Point.
- Check your TV for instructions
- Locate and press the OK button at the front of the Wireless Receiver and not the remote control
- A green LED will start blinking rapidly in the Wireless Access Point.
- You may either get a message on your TV to show that the connection was successful. Alternatively, the Wireless Receiver will show a green light on the front.
- Be patient for the receiver to run. This may take about 10 minutes.
- After the full completion of the process, the live TV will begin.
- Press the Guide button to check if your connection is now working
- If the turnout is positive, that means that the connection of your Wireless Receiver was successful.
If method 4 does not work, try to shift the Wireless Receiver closer to the Wi-Fi Gateway and connect it to a power source. Then connect it again to your TV.
For more information and troubleshooting tricks on how to set up your Wireless Receiver, visit att.com/wirelesstv.
We hope you found this guide helpful. However, if you have tried the methods highlighted above and your U-Verse keeps freezing, then it might be a case of a spoilt set-top box. You should reach out to the U-Verse technical service for professional help.
People Are Also Reading:
👉 Top Reviews
- [Top-rated] Best bluetooth speaker for garage
- [Top rated] Best wifi extender for cox panoramic – review in 2023
- [Top rated] Best wifi extenders for cox cable – review in 2023
- [Top-rated] Best pocket wifi router
- [Top-rated] Best bluetooth headphones for mowing the lawn
👉 Top Tech News
- Laptop wireless network adapter not working
- How many wireless carriers are in the us
- How much bluetooth drain battery
- How to connect ir wireless headphones
- How long wireless headphones last
👉 Top WiFi Routers
- How to set up Rockspace WiFi Extender AC1200 – Extra Tips
- D-Link USB WiFi Adapter Dual Band AC1300 Top Features
- Best 4G LTE Router with SIM Card Slot
- Wireless Mesh Network Disadvantages And Advantages
- TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7) Top Features